GRAPHIC AND POWERPOINT DESIGNER
Green Room’s Graphic Designer sets the stylistic and artistic direction as well as delivers execution of materials and campaigns in print, email, video and on the web with a strong emphasis in PowerPoint and digital. Should be able to assess data from multiple sources (analytics, user experience tools) to help drive the design decisions. Often collaborates with a copywriter in developing creative ideas. The Graphic Designer uses their knowledge of current graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for a range of materials, including breakthrough PowerPoint decks, infographics, posters, Web sites, and collateral materials for both internal purposes and for Green Room’s Healthcare and Pharmaceutical clients. Generates and manipulates graphic images, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs. Evaluate emerging technologies and provides thought leadership and perspective within the organization for adoption where appropriate.
The Graphic Designer reports to the Executive Vice President, Operations and Strategic Integration (or Senior Graphic Designer / Art Director, as appropriate).
Credentials and Experience:
- Seven to ten years of professional studio/agency or in-house experience in both print and digital
- Expert with Mac OSX operating systems
- Proficient with design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite; expert in PowerPoint
- Experience with Web-oriented design software (i.e., WordPress, Visual Composer)
- Knowledge of website analytics (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Knowledge of website user experience tools (e.g. Hotjar, Optimizely)
- Illustration skills a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent experience in the design field
- Design experience for Healthcare and Pharmaceutical clientele preferred
- Possesses solid communication skills; verbal, written and visual
- Demonstrates independent thinking and an autonomous workstyle, yet collaborates well
- Exhibits professional demeanor and style
- Exceptional creativity with a variety of media
- Anticipates well and manages time effectively
- Capable of handling a variety of projects from numerous clients
- Delivers professional, error-free, high-quality work that consistently meets and exceeds expectations
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Listens carefully to directions, takes notes when necessary and is proactive about seeking additional information/clarification
- Moves projects forward to achieve objectives
- Proficient in Infographic, PowerPoint and digital/print design
- Strong attention to detail and is dedicated to producing quality work
- Effectively meets deadlines
Embodiment of Green Room’s Core Values:
- We are a team of independent self-starters
- We are authentic
- We have a client-first mentality
- We have a can-do spirit
- We show grit
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
About Green Room Communications: Green Room is a nimble healthcare agency with a unique model that offers a new approach to classic communications needs. Green Room harnesses a global network of award-winning public relations experts to provide customized teams with specific skill sets to address individual projects. From corporate positioning and PR strategy to media and digital relations to integrated creative design, Green Room’s skill-based model ensures scalable support for changing client needs. The company’s unique ability to harness this intellectual capital and infuse it with energy and passion provide a competitive edge. Green Room was named a WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprise in March 2016 by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).
Green Room Communications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, family or parental status, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Green Room Communications complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination or harassment.